No games here, this is exactly what it sounds like – free editing. I’m feeling generous and energised and want to put that energy to good use, so here I go with a one time, one lucky person offer*:
Submit a one-page synopsis of your manuscript (note: your manuscript must already be written in full – even if it’s a first draft), including:
- Blurb (think of this as your chance to write the blurb on the back cover – hook me!)
- Word count
- Future intentions for the piece (sending to an agent, e-book distribution, publication, gathering dust in your desk drawer…)
- A little bit about you (like your name, whether you’ve published before and when – just a few tidbits.)
- When you would like the edits returned to you (depending on the length, I am aiming for a 1-month turnaround at the very longest)
There are a few conditions, so let’s start with those:
Content: Fiction or Humourous Travel only**
- Note: No erotica. Thank you but no.
Originality: 100% original and 100% your work
- I spit on plaguerists and I will (virtually) spit on you if I figure out that I am editing work that doesn’t belong to you – I will stop immediately and burn your typescript in an apoplectic rage (metaphorically speaking). Then, I will probably tell on you. *Nah ne nah ne nah nah*
Length: As long as it’s all yours, go ahead and submit it but remember…your submission must come with a word count and if it’s 1,000,000 words, I’m not likely to pick yours – unless it sounds super-awesome.
Language: English only – it’s my speciality 🙂
Due date: All submissions must be received by 12.00am WST (Australia) on Wednesday 14th October 2011.
And so that you don’t think I’m a complete whack-job, feel free to visit here. I do run a business writing and editing things for a living – I promise, I’m legitimate. I’m also honest, so I won’t run off with your New York Times Bestseller – copyright remains 100% yours.
I know what you’re thinking – what’s the catch?
No catch. If your work is selected, I will edit to whole darn thing for grammatical accuracy, tone, content and style (all the standard editing stuff). I will then send it back to you with all the updates/corrections/comments; you are then free to go off and conquer the world with it.
Ready to send me your submission (remember, only a synopsis as described above)? Ok, follow these instructions carefully. Fill in the form below and in the comment section, tell me your favourite colour. This should verify that you are a real person and I will then respond with Step 2 of the submission process.
If you have any questions, please feel free to post them as a comment so that others can benefit from any helpful answers I am able to provide (no promises though!)
Good luck 🙂
*If it goes well, I’ll probably do this again, but for now I’m starting small.
**This is just for now; again, if all goes well, I’ll broaden the net.